Unfortunately, most people only know the extent of the dangers of cholesterol in general. While knowledge to various diseases that occur because of these symptoms is very low. That is to say they do not know the exact cause of high cholesterol continues to rise. Basically the cholesterol is also needed by the body, but when the levels have excess can decrease the body's metabolism.
The good news is you do not have to go to the doctor to ask about this and pay for the consultation. You just read the article below and you get the answer.
Cholesterol is a soft fat that can be produced naturally by the body. Besides cholesterol, can be produced from food intake consumed. Basically, the healthy human body has the maximum amount of the cholesterol levels of 200 mg/dl. You should know that the liver is the body that produces cholesterol of about 80%. The intake of dietary cholesterol by about 20% which usually can be found in some foods such as fish, meat, and others.
Actually in a state of normal cholesterol levels can have many function and benefits, such as:
1. Help making hormones
2. Assist the formation of vitamin D
3. Helps the absorption of calcium
4. Accelerate the body's metabolism
5. To help maintain the balance of salt
6. Strengthen the cell membrane
7. Help build immunity
8. Assist in the formation of brain cells
9. Help biochemical processes in the body
10. Helps digestion in the small intestine
11. Keeping the arteries
12. Helps reduce the symptoms of atherosclerosis
13. Reduce the formation of blood clots, and
14. Protect your skin from UV rays.
However, it is undeniable that in a state of high cholesterol the body will experience a variety of health problems, including:
1. Coronary heart disease
3. Peripheral Vascular Disease
4. Diabetes mellitus type 2
5. High blood pressure
6. Erectile dysfunction, and
Apart from the functions and benefits of cholesterol for your body should also be cautious of high cholesterol levels. In any case excessive levels can trigger dangerous diseases. Even if one refers to the research of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in the United States, a person with high cholesterol levels, has a two-fold risk of heart disease compared to people with normal cholesterol levels.
Therefore, important for you to know the causes cholesterol to be high. That way you can remain productive in the activity.
Causes of high cholesterol in healthy people
1. Type of food intakeThe first factor that could lead to increase levels of high cholesterol is the intake of food. You need to consider that not all types of food, you can eat until you are full. Among these foods there are types of foods that actually harm health.
At least there is the kind of food you can consume each day because no cholesterol or low. Among the chicken egg white (0 mg cholesterol / 100 g), and sea cucumbers (0 mg cholesterol / 100 g).
As for the types of foods with cholesterol levels moderate to high among other things, chicken / duck selection of skinless (500 mg cholesterol / 100 g), freshwater fish (550 mg cholesterol / 100 g), rabbit (650 mg cholesterol / 100 g), and lean goat meat (700 mg cholesterol / 100 g). There was also, beef ribs (1000 mg cholesterol / 100 g), beef (1050 mg cholesterol / 100 g), and bacon / ham / smoke Beel (980 mg cholesterol / 100 g), egg yolks with the (1234 mg cholesterol / 100 g), fish eggs with (588 mg cholesterol / 100 g), liver with (564 mg cholesterol / 100 g), butter with (215 mg cholesterol / 100 g), and shrimp with (588 mg cholesterol / 100 g).
2. Obesity / overweightNo doubt that obesity can be a source of some diseases. Excessive weight is above normal can lead to delay in the process of destruction of fat in the body. So do not be surprised if obese individuals tend to have high cholesterol levels.
People with more than 20 % were overweight (obese) tend to have lower LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein) cholesterol and higher HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) are lower than those who are not obese. However, people with weight proportional potentially also have high cholesterol levels.
Therefore, note the continued weight you have. As a suggestion you should avoid bad habits that cause weight gain. In addition, if you have obesity, then do habits to lose weight. That way you have high cholesterol risk can be avoided.
3. Rarely exerciseOne cause your body to have high cholesterol is a lack of sporting activities. Yet, sport is the best way to accelerate blood circulation and burn some calories in the body.
The problem for people who are too busy with office work deadline often ignoring habit of exercising. As a result, the body's metabolism is not powerful enough to stabilize cholesterol levels in the body.
Moreover, if it is accompanied by consuming foods that contain high levels of cholesterol in excess, it can be ascertained endurance will decrease drastically. So that high cholesterol symptoms will often be seen when you indulge.
Therefore, do not underestimate the activity of regular exercise. You do not need to exercise for 2-3 hours every day, but if you can exercise 30 minutes every day you will get a healthy body. In addition to lower cholesterol in your body.
4. SmokingSmoking is not a good habit for those who adopt a healthy lifestyle, especially to regulate cholesterol levels in the body. In fact, people who like to smoke often experience pain as dangerous as stroke, coronary heart disease, in others.
In the human body there are two types of cholesterol, namely HDL (High Density Lipoprotein) and LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein). HDL is the good cholesterol that is responsible for collecting excess LDL (bad cholesterol) in the bloodstream and transport it back to the liver for disposal.
Related to smoking certainly can't be separated with chemicals in it called "Acrolein". These chemicals can damage the HDL to HDL task in collecting bad cholesterol (LDL) to be disrupted. Decreased levels of HDL allows LDL to accumulate and move freely in the bloodstream. If you are an active smoker, then start thinking about quitting for your health is not at stake.
5. AgeIt can be said to be excessive when you pay attention to cholesterol levels in the body of a young age. Even so do not think it's a futile job. A study by Duke Clinical Research Institute reveals that people around the age of 35 years and 45 years have a cholesterol level that is even slightly higher than normal also have a risk of heart disease is higher than in healthy adults.
Even the number of years when a person living with high cholesterol can affect health in later life, says the greeting Dr. Ann Marie Navar-Boggan.
This means that the condition of a person at the age above 20 years, 30 years, or 40 years could be a reference basis for the disease that will present themselves later in life. Therefore, if you wait over 50 years or 60 years do not think the prevention of cardiovascular disease because it is arguably too late.
6. Use of DrugsSome people may think that in order to reduce cholesterol levels in the body is to consume drugs. However, it turns out it can have the opposite effect.
People who consume medications without the advice of a doctor actually increase cholesterol levels become higher. Among these drugs are estrogen, diuretics and beta-blockers. With these drugs HDL levels inside your body will be reduced. Causing high cholesterol levels.
7. DiseaseIn some cases a person's body can have high cholesterol because it is triggered by the disease being suffered. Among these diseases are hyper-tension, and diabetes mellitus. In addition there is the type of disease, which could increase cholesterol levels in the body such as liver disease, chronic kidney and thyroid gland is under active.
Therefore, it remains to do a healthy lifestyle such as exercising and eating good food and healthy. That way you are less likely to be exposed to various diseases above.
8. GeneticsIndeed your efforts to maintain body condition of the cholesterol levels should continue to be considered. Even so it does not mean for sure you will avoid suffering from high cholesterol.
The problem comes when you have families who have a history of high cholesterol. It is undeniable that people with bloodlines that have a history of high cholesterol has a tendency inherited the same disease. However, if you do not have a family that had a history of it, then you may feel relieved for a while. Even so do not forget also that high cholesterol is not only caused by heredity or genetics.
9. StressActually there is no definite research that states the correlation between stress and the causes of high cholesterol. Nevertheless based on customs that are often found people with high levels of stress tend to have high cholesterol levels. In this regard you should have a strategy set the level of stress that comes.
In conclusion, although cholesterol is needed by the body does not mean you can act arbitrarily. Even the best thing is you have to be careful against possible nine factors that cause high cholesterol levels above. That way you can live a healthy and away from malicious threats in the form of the deadly disease.